Friday 8 March 2013

29 Weeks


It has been a little while since I have last updated so here we are. Now in my 29th week, the bump is starting to feel heavy. It has been a tough few weeks, I had the mother of all colds that turned into a chest infection, which turned into bruised ribs and torn ligaments! Just as I thought I was getting over that I have come down with yet another cold.

The third trimester has brought with it tiredness and breathlessness.  I am sticking to my yoga which is really helping. I find the need to stretch overwhelming at the moment and it also helps me to relax. We have finally made decisions on all the baby stuff. How difficult is it to choose things??? There is just too much choice. The breast pump and baby monitor have probably caused the most stress, trying to weigh up the pros and cons having read all the reviews. With the first you are having to do things a little blind, you're not really sure what it is you want from a breast pump or baby monitor.

We probably have more than we need but I am a planner by nature and for me to feel relaxed and calm, I have to have all boxes ticked. We've been lucky to get a few hand-me-down's too that we are so grateful for as babies are expensive business.

I have so enjoyed making up our little man's room and searching for the cutest books and toys. I feel like I am getting to know him more and more. His movements are becoming more familiar, I like to read to him and am so enjoying washing his little outfits and hanging them in his wardrobe.

I have a mild sense of panic about my body slowing down in a few weeks, so I am trying to get as much done now, in the hope that when my body does slow, I can simply relax. The thought of not moving and just reading is quite appealing at the moment.

The third trimester has brought back the tiredness that I had in the first, come 6pm I am fit for nothing. It has also brought back the weird pregnancy dreams, last night I dreamt that I grew a nipple on my face, my main concern was what people would think when I try to breastfeed! Lots of dreams that he has arrived already and that I had forgotten all about him and left him downstairs.

I have a feeling that I will really miss my bump, it's such a lovely feeling and the most special I have felt my whole life. The weeks are flying by now and although I can not wait to meet our baby, I am squeezing the most out of each moment.

Although I have not found the time to blog as much as I thought, I have enjoyed the process. It's therapeutic and also has put me in touch with lots of other lovely mums that have been a great source of information, advice and inspiration.




0 comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...